Topographical Classroom A to Z Training
All TfL (Transport for London) Topographical Assessments are carried out by TfL (Transport for London) at one of TfL Test Centres using computer aided questions. This is mandatory in line with TfL Topographical Assessments.
PCO London is responsible for training candidates how to approach this assessment. We will provide you with similar questions using the same software as TfL (Transport for London) and work with you in groups or individuals to understand the Topographical questions and arrive at the correct answers.
PCO London Class Training (This does not include Computer Training).
The first Topographical Training session on offer at PCO London is our Class Session. This session has become very popular since the TfL (Transport for London) Assessment has been reduced in time from 120 minutes (2 Hours) to 90 minutes (1½Hours), making finding the answers to the multi-choice questions even more crucial. On the day of your TfL (Transport for London) Topographical Assessment this section can easily be completed in approximately 15 minutes leaving approximately 75 minutes for the Journeys, if you know how to use the AtoZ Master Atlas of Greater London. The Multi-choice questions are an easy 25% of the TfL (Transport for London) Assessment marking. Leaving approximately 35% to reach the 60% required to pass the TfL (Transport for London) Assessment. This means that you may only need to complete 2 Journeys, but the journeys must be correct.
we do ask TfL (Transport for London) Assessment candidates to be on site by 09:30 AM, so we can start as soon as everyone has arrived. We have a 30 minutes break for refreshments (Please bring your own). We then continue until approximately 16:00 PM. In the Class Training you will be shown how to use the current version of the AtoZ Master Atlas of Greater London (Version 18) as used by TfL (Transport for London).
You will be shown the following.
1. How to identify map, Grid, and Page References.
2. How to use the Index properly to help find the locations quickly.
3. Understanding directions from one location to another, you will be shown and experience directional puzzles as in the TfL (Transport for London) Assessment.
4. How to identify Motorways in and around Greater London, how to find the answers to Questions like "What Motorway will you use to Rush Green Airfield".
5. You will learn how to identify the different Railway Stations and find the nearest station to a location.
6. How to recognise Post Codes used while you travel from one location to another.
7. You will be shown questions about Counties like the questions found in the TfL (Transport for London) Test or Assessment
8. Route Plans are described and explained to you so you can plan a Journey using the AtoZ Master Atlas of Greater London. Although the Topographical Assessment is on a computer Route plans are still part of the TfL (Transport for London) Topographical Assessment. Do not confuse Route Plans with Journey Plotting as they are not the same.
9. You will be shown by one of our PCO London Training Officers what these questions will look like in the actual TfL (Transport for London) Assessment or Test.
At 16:00PM our PCO London Training Officers will do their best to answer any questions that you may have whether it is to do with the Training or your upcoming TfL (Transport for London) Assessment or Test. PCO London Training Officers will also advise you of any further help we at PCO London can offer.
After the Class Training you will be sent by email Home Studies to further improve your knowledge of The AtoZ. The Home Studies includes questions relating to what you have been shown in the Class Training session, also with the home studies email you will find the answers to the Home Studies questions. This will help you to plot your progress and preparing you for the TfL (Transport for London) Topographical Assessment or Test.
The Next Stage of Training offered by PCO London is our Exclusive Computer Training. Why not check out the Computer Training tab on the menu bar.
Are you looking to save some money? Why not take advantage of PCO London Discounted Bundles. Please click on the links below.